Tuesday 29 July 2008

No crafting today

No time to craft - still got half a mountain of ironing to do (it was just far too hot to finish it last night! I got a few bits yesterday at The Range - notably some cheap ribbon (not that I need to restock my ribbon collection, but if it's a bargain, it always seems to find its way into my basket one way or another), some brads (and I have a fair few of these too *ahem*) and some white acrylic paint, as mine is all stringy and weird inside.

Quote of the day went to Sophie though. We were browsing the aisles, and Sophie declared that she really needed some foam pads. I turned to her and said:

"Sophie - how many foam pads do you think I've got at home?"
"Fifty million" was her reply. The shoppers around us were almost doubled up with laughter (and a few knowing smiles made me think they understood the situation exactly).

I have also been to my local candle shop to buy some stock for the craft weekend - 24 so far. I had to make two trips as I couldn't carry them all in the poor quality plastic basket. I'm sure the woman on the counter thinks I'm barking mad - it was only a couple of weeks ago that I bought 10, and now another 24. Perhaps she thinks I've got a candle fetish?

Popped to Ikea too, to stock up on batteries and some small square mirrors for a friend (and had to have a few for me too of course!). Had meatballs and chips for lunch too. Yum yum.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Ha, ha, ha. Nice one, Sophie. Love it, lol.

That's a lot of those BIG candles you've got there, Claire.