Monday 26 January 2009

Eight going on eighteen

Nothing much to report tonight, but I'm just de-stressing after a nightmare run-in with sophie. What gives an eight year old so much attidute and audacity? Not to mention the constant arguing and backchat. I've had a serious talk with her about her having to calm down, and the upshot is that she got very upset, and promised to try to be calmer.

I still want her to be Sophie...just a little better behaved and less words per minute out of her 'motormouth'. I've told her that if she doesn't calm down, that I'll start by cutting down her e-number intake - and the thought of no sweets really brought her down to earth with a bump.

I'll let you know if it lasts!

1 comment:

Bobs said...

Poor you, Claire.
I have an 8 year old (soon to be 9 year old) granddaughter who couldn't stop talking if her life depended on it.
I hope Sophie calms down soon, hun.

xxxx