Monday 3 November 2008

Dead or alive?

If I have any loyal readers, you'll all be thinking I've deserted you by now, I'm sure. However, as you can see, that is not the case - it's just that sometimes you can be poddling through life merrily minding your own business, when things just seem to catch up and overtake you on the odd occasion. Nothing major, no traumatic events (thankfully), nothing special to write home about, just 'stuff'.

I'm doing my NVQ 3 at work (business and administration), and I worked full time last week as it was half term, and I like to get my money's worth out of the holiday club I use for the kids - add that to the fact that work will not only let me take flexi time (like today - for an inset day), but they'll also pay me for some of the extra hours I work. Thank god they will too, as Michael is now on flat pay with no travel expenses or overtime at all. This last month was the first 'flat monthly wage' he's received, and OMG was it a shock! So if I can get a few extra hours in and paid for, then I will! It all helps!

I also helped out at Shirley's annual jumble sale on Saturday in aid of Breast Cancer Research. As a survivor of Breast Cancer, Shirley has organised a jumble sale for the last few years, and we broke the record again this year by raising over £600. A long day (but a few perks by being able to have first pick - so the kids got a few bits - some Spongebob DVDs, some Dr Who action figures, Sophie got a little collection of photo frames, and I even got a couple of decent books to read - Autobiography from Gary Barlow, and a Biography of Ronnie Barker, and a couple of Joanne Harris novels too - and a few other odds and sods like note pads and a couple of tops for James for the future).

Well, I have only made one card lately (a leaving card for one of my dearest friends at work) and I did take a quick picture, but I haven't uploaded it to either computer or laptop yet - so that will follow as soon as I get get chance or have the inclination.

The only other point to note is that I had to get a man in last week - the laptop finally stopped working (and I tried and tried myself to get it connected again with no joy). It turned out that I had got too many spyware and such programs running and they all conflicted with each other and booted me off the Internet after being connected for only 2 or 3 minutes at a time. All sorted now, and he also sorted my wireless connection (made it secure after 2 years of it being unsecured) and also created my little network so I can see files on the PC from the laptop and vice versa, and I can also print from the laptop now, which I have never been able to figure out for myself! He was here about 2 hours, at least, and only charged me £35 for sorting it all out! What a bloke, and a serious bargain too!

Only 51 days to go until the fat man comes then? Trouble is, it looks like we might have to choose between presents and food this year - (well, not quite that bad) but seriously tightening of belts will be required!

And Tina - if you read this - more info please!!! It's killing me not knowing!



2 comments:

Bobs said...

Phew! Good to know you're ok and that it's just life that getting in the way!

Take care!

xx

Lorraine said...

How come everywhere I go, somebody reminds me of the fat man. Grrrrrrrrrr. lol.