Thursday 20 March 2008

And there's more...

Well, I'm trying to make the most of the time I have to myself before I start work (no, I haven't got a date yet, but I did ring to chase them up yesterday because as far as I know they now have all the information they need ) so I made a couple more candles last night. When I say made... I don't, of course, mean made - I mean decorated. I really should be careful what I type eh?

Anyway - here they are:

Photobucket Photobucket

My Bind-It-All which I ordered in a moment of weakness on Tuesday evening has just arrived too - so as well as candle decorating, I now have books to make! Isn't DH going to be pleased this weekend?

We are toying with the idea of going to see my Grandad tomorrow - he is now 104 years old, and realistically isn't going to be around for ever. Once I start work, I'm not sure when we are going to get another chance, but as my Aunty that we normally visit on the same day is away on holiday at the moment, it's a long way to travel just to visit him for 1½ hours (2½ hours in the car each way).

I'll make a decision later on. Sophie is at her friend's house for tea, and James has choir after school, which should have meant that I have some extra time to myself this afternoon, but Sophie's school has decided that they're having a table-top book sale, and also selling off some stationery items which they've been given.

I popped into the office this morning and saw them - they're gorgeous! They have sets of 3 Laura Ashley pens for 50p (rrp £3.99 at WHSmith) and also some Laura Ashley storage boxes also for 50p (which I think would look fab full of blossoms!), so I've agreed to pop in and collect Sophie's school bags and take some pennies to spend. THey have got kids stuff too - lovely girly door hangers and wipe clean weekly planner boards (kids ones), so I better get to the cash machine to draw out some dosh. Pictures to follow once I've bought them!

No comments: