Friday 28 March 2008

On your marks...

Get set...go........to work that is! Yep - had a phone call from my new boss this afternoon. They've finally traced the reference from my previous employer, and we've agreed a start date of 21st April. That gives me three weeks till lift off...and two of those are the school holidays. I am really quite looking forward to starting work in a large office again. Actually, this one is far larger than anywhere I've EVER worked before - the largest Bank branch was probably no more than 30 people when it was fully staffed, so with up to 500 people in this one, it will be a different kettle of fish altogether.

On a lighter note I've been playing my my new Cricut, but as I've only been 'practicing' I don't really have anything to share just yet. All in good time - I'm sure my first creation isn't far away.

We're off to see my niece tomorrow night - she's playing her final concerts this summer with the City of Sheffield Youth Orchestra and we're off to see her at Sheffield City Hall. She's 21 in April so also she will soon be too old to participate. Which makes me feel VERY old (and lord knows how old my BIG sister feels [smiles]).

We've also confirmed that we're off to sunny Blackpool in May with DH's Brass Band just for a short weekend, but at least it won't be here (picture on right is from when they played at the National Finals at the Royal Albert Hall in October 2006 - DH is furthest left - 2nd row up) .


No comments: