Wednesday 12 March 2008

A little bit lax

Is what I've been lately. I have much to tell, and so little time.

The main news is that I got myself a job! I went for an interview at Nottinghamshire County Council for a job as assistant administrator in the Finance Department, and I only went and got it. I'm still in shock, and this was last Tuesday!

The offer is subject to references and medical questionnaire, but as far as I know they will be fine. It's 26 hours per week, to be worked over 5 days (which suits me fine), and as long as I work the 'core hours (which I'm assuming are 10-2 ish) I can work flexi time and build up hours to take (eg for inset days). I'm really quite excited, as it should be a nice stable job, and the people I met seemed really nice.

As soon as I know when I start I'll update here.

I've ordered some Prismacolour pencils from the USA too - a sort of congratulations pressie from me to me on my new job. Actually I've got some stuff for sale on ebay which looks like it's going to cover the amount of the pencils, which would be great!

Dining room still isn't quite sorted, and we still have stuff all over the house, but bit by bit it's getting there. My only worry now is that I'm going to be really organised and have no time left to craft once I start my new job. Hmmmm - might have to make a concerted effort to make some time to craft.

Got to go now and I mustn't make the kiddies late for school. I'm also going to have a trial run this morning, to see what time I can get to where my new office is (to see if I can make it there by 9am).

p.s. I still have some pictures of the dining room to post - I will get there in the end!


No comments: