Friday 15 February 2008

Not forgotten

...but life has really got in the way these last few days. The floor is almost laid (I forgot to take a picture of the craft room before, but I've got one of during, and I'll take one soon of it now (in it's floor-finished state, but walls as yet untouched).

I might even have an old photo of the craft room somewhere (probably not quite as full as it ended up in the end, but you'll get an idea).

We have great plans for the new look room (none of which include piling it to the ceiling with stuff), but we need to take the excess flooring supplies back to Ikea in order to buy the storage unit from there too. One of those Expedit thingies - a 4 holes by 4 holes one like the one in the picture - yes a white one! We'll probably start off with two of the plastic boxes for it, and build up the collection later on (they cost a whopping £7.99 per box).

We're also painting the existing wall shelves white and raising them up a little so that you can actually lift the lid of the piano when it's underneath (essential if we're going to have it tuned regularly!).

I also met up with Helen from Craftables yesterday, but I can't tell you much about that or I'd have to kill you :smile:

No comments: