Tuesday 22 January 2008

A couple of pictures to keep you going...

Today I've decorated a smartie tube. Yes, I've typed that correctly. A smartie tube.

It's for a swap on the craft forum which I moderate - we have to decorate a smartie tube and fill it with 6 yards (or metres) of ribbon, and send them to the swap co-ordinator. She will then send mine to someone else, and send me one that someone else has decorated. And I end up with 6 lengths of lovely ribbon. Yum.

Anyway, here's my effort. It's painted with white acrylic paint (two coats) and then covered with Doodlebug black and white paisley paper, and I've coloured it all in with a red stardust glitter pen. Then I've popped a paisley peel off on a piece of card on the side.


I thought I'd show you a couple of other things I've done recently too.


This is a card I made with my Rock Star Nellie stamp, from the kit I bought. I thought this might do for my cousin's 40th birthday in February - he plays in a heavy metal rock band.


And finally this is a slim clipboard I decorated as part of a prize for a member on the aforementioned forum. She has had a bracelet, and altered tin, and altered box and this (and some chocolate I think). Hope she likes it!



2 comments:

Tim said...

Hi Claire, I love the paisley pattern on the smartie tube. I remember growing up when almost everything was decorated like that,lol.
I have no idea how Bobs is going to do hers as yet.

kim said...

hi claire
yes i do like it thanks ,kim