Friday 18 January 2008

Let them eat cake

if I remember to buy one that is! I forgot for James' birthday cake back in December, and we ended up on a mercy mission on the way back from the cinema to buy one at Morrisons.

Yes, yes, I know I could make one, but really - what's the point? All that effort, and either way you look at it it's not going to last very long is it? So I'm sure Sophie will be happier with a suitably decorated sponge cake from some supermarket or other (probably Bratz with those awful made up faces and huge sinister eyes).

I have to put the inserts ito Sophie's cards in a minute, then I will photograph them and pop them on here for you to see. I doubt if she will see them tonight,and after tomorrow it really doesn't matter. I'll also have to try to find the cards I made for James back in December to show you too.

When Michael gets home from work it'll be off to the opticians (again) in the pouring rain (again) to get him some specs sorted. Then I assume he'll want to get a couple of hours kip having been up half the night.

Think I'll take the slow cooker back and get the smaller model too (pillock that I am) - as Michael pointed out to me that not only is it too big for the meals we will ordinarily want to cook, but we are severely limited for storage space in the kitchen, so it will have to be downsized.

I hate it when he's right - good job it doesn't happen very often then eh? LOL

No comments: