Thursday 17 January 2008

Wet wet wet

is what I am, or rather we are, as James is here too (inset day).

Absolutely pouring down here it is! And we've just had the most torrential hailstorm too. Lovely weather.

James has had an eye test this morning. No change from his last prescription, which is not only good for his eyes, but means we didn't have to fork out for some new glasses. Yes, I know that children's glasses are free, but we always end up paying for thin lenses and having the anti-scratch coating on the lenses, so they come to about £35 usually. £35 we could well do without spending at the moment. Trouble is, Michael is going to the opticians tomorrow as he is desparate for new glasses. He actually wants laser eye treatment, but for that he needs to be able to wear glasses for a day or two before a consultation, so he needs his glasses to be up to date (and also not held together with insulating tape as his are at the moment). He's not at work tomorrow (daytime) as he has a 'shutdown' to do at about 4am tomorrow morning. Only good thing about that is he will get paid double time, and gets the rest of the day off.

I did, however, go to Argos and buy a new slow cooker. I think, however, having got it home, that it might be too big. I wanted a big one, so that we can cook a whole chicken in it, but I think it's going to be too big for normal family meals, which is what I really want it for.

As I'm not much of a cook (slight understatement - I can burn beans in a pan, me!), I'm going to have to think this one through a bit before I get past the point of no return.

2 comments:

Bobs said...

Ditto with me and cooking too, Claire! That's why Tim does the cooking now. lol
My mum bought me a slow cooker a few months before she died and, like yours, it's really far too big for only Tim and I, so it isn't used.

Lorraine said...

Bigger the better. You could always freeze the extra and you don't have to fill them to use them. Go on....get cooking.