Monday 26 February 2007

Bad News

Well, what can I say. Michael's Mum has contracted the C-Diff bug whilst in hospital. At least it explains the chronic diarrhea she's been having. But if they are saying that she has caught it since she was admitted this time (and they're not saying much at all!) why did she have this particular symptom when she was at home before she was admitted? It seems to me (and this is only a guess) that she may well have caught it the last time she was in, and with all their faffing around about whether she could/should return home or to a rehab centre it wasn't picked up upon.

And they say that hospitals are the safest place to be when you're ill? I think not.

The car has had its oil leak fixed again (or that's what they tell me), but sadly not the radio still. Looking into the cables for the aerial now - might need a new aerial altogether. Harumphhhh.

Got a visit to the doctor in the morning about my manky big toe nail, which appears to be detatching itself from the toe and bleeding a bit into the bargain. Yuch! And double yuch just for good measure. I can't imagine what they can do for me, other than remove the nail, which doesn't sound like a very pleasant option. Perhaps I'd better stop this self diagnosis malarkey and wait to hear what the doctor says.

Then I've got the hairdresser (Louise) coming at 11.30 to put some red(ish) low lights (is that the modern term for streaks?? LOL) through my mop. I'm so glad I've timed it this way - as it works out perfectly for attending the retreat on Saturday and starting my new job on Monday.

Speaking of the job, I'm getting quite nervous about it now it's getting nearer and nearer. can't do much about it for now, just make the most of this last week of freedom. Oh, and I've booked the kids in to the local out-of-school club for the three days we can't cover with holidays at Easter time. £30 a day for both of them, but that is from any time from 7.30am till 6.30pm. I might just ahve to take them in for breakfast and leave them till the end. Might take in a bit of shopping in the free hours. Only kidding :) (will take them after breakfast otherwise I'll be getting up too darn early too!)

No comments: