Monday 19 February 2007

Pancake Monday

Well, I'm not mucking about tomorrow when they've gone back to school and wound themselves up into a frenzy. Last time I made pancakes both of them decided after only one pancake each, that they didn't really like them and didn't want any more. Typical. Mind you, now James has decided he likes Yorkshire Puddings, and he knows that the mixture is the same, he might be a little more positive this time around.

So it's an early start tomorrow as they both go back to school. I should hear either tomorrow or Wednesday about the job I had the interview for last week. One way or the other I need to know, so I can start applying for the couple that were in the paper this week if I need to (one of them is term time only, but the closing date is Wednesday so I might be pushing it, unless I go tomorrow and pick up an application form in person?).

Michael's Mum was re-admitted to hospital last night, which doesn't bode well. In our opinion she should never had been allowed to come 'home' last time to live on her own again. Sheltered housing or no, it's obvious that it just isn't enough for her now. She is struggling to get in and out of bed (when Michael arrived yesterday afternoon at about 2pm, she said she'd been up since 11pm the night before and asked him to help her into bed, where she stayed the whole time he was there. Being a bloke, he didn't go inot the room to talk to her until he was ready to leave, and then it was only to ask whether he should lock the door and put the key through the letter box.)

Anyway, she's back in the Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham now, and they've already given her a chest X-ray and done some preliminary tests. I got a phone call from the occupational therapist this morning asking how she's been over the last few days. As we live 25 miles away, I couldn't give her much information, and passed on the details of Michael's two sisters. Makes you wonder though doesn't it? If' they'd asked Joan herself, she would have told them that Michael would be at work!

Back to tea - pancakes will be served in approximately 40 minutes, mine with sugar and lemon (of course) and I've bought Maple syrup for the kids to have. I'm not taking bets on how many they will (or won't) eat, but I'll let you know how it goes as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hope it's good news! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I'm planning on doing an 'overnight' application form this week too: visiting school on Thursday, deadline Friday 12.00. I'm sure it will focus my attention. Eeek.