Wednesday 14 February 2007

Day three and counting...

We've just had a visit from my Dad and Lesley (his wife) - they came not just to see us, but to use the computer to check their bank accounts as their internet connection has gone for a burton.

Not much doing today. The kids made some bead type coaster thingies yesterday with our cheap 'Hama-type' beads, which are now duly ironed and being flung around the room as I type. We have to squeeze in a little trip up the road to the Co-op later as we've run out of a few bits (despite going to the largest Tesco in the area on Monday). Still, it breaks up the monotony I suppose.

I've been looking at Jennie's Circle Journal again this morning, wondering what on earth I'm going to do. I guess that taking a few snaps of the moggy might be a good place to start - maybe later on.

James wants to learn how to play chess, except I'm not sure that he really does. He bought the first issue in a series of a Harry Potter weekly magazine which is a "step by step learn to play chess" type thing. The real reason it found its way into the shopping trolley was that it came with a magnetic wand and a magnetic chess piece. He wants the next issue as it comes with the chess board itself, but at £3.99 a pop I'm sure the novelty of parting with his own money will soon wear off. With 32 chess pieces to collect, it's not going to gome cheap is it?

Anyway, I suppose I ought to feed them soon, and then there's the not inconsiderable task of sorting out Sophie's bedroom. Trouble is - where to start? Might even be better off doing it on my own when she's back at school, so she can't stick her two-penneth and try to stop me getting rid of things. I need to give it some more thought.


No comments: