Saturday 10 February 2007

Once in a while

you have to let your hair down. And for me, tonight is the night. I haven't had a drink since New Year's Eve (when I polished off a bottle of Chardonnay on my lonesome as DH sat and drank beer/snored his way though the TV celebrations).

I've drunk the best part of another bottle of Chardonnay this evening. (aside: why do we call it the best part? All of it tastes lovely so why should the beginning be better than the end??). I don't really know why, but I don't have to get up terribly early tomorrow, and the darling children have broken up for half term now, so I thought "why not"? I've got plenty to drink and DH doesn't like wine (unless there's nothing else on offer of course), so here I am. Slightly less pedantic than usual (only because the screen keeps going in and out of focus).

I had a visit from my friend Jennie today. She brought me her lovely circle journal, which I have to complete in the next 4 weeks (ish). In that time, I think I may have to try to persuade Bonnie (my feline companion) to pose for a few mug shots. I've got two chances on that score - Bob Hope and No hope. Still - a girl can try eh?

I was looking forward to having the children at home with me for a week, but the way James has taken to blatently disregarding any instructions I give him is going to make the week drag I fear. A long week awaits me.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hmm, I reckon it's a 'year 3' thing, 'cos we are going through the same with M!

Good luck!

I can't get the week off work, but will try to catch up with you soon.