Monday 5 February 2007

Snot...

snot and more snot. And a severe lack of tissues. It's at times like these that I really wish my entrepreneurial side had invested in Kleenex in my youth.

I made some toppers today, and instead of using them on my own cards, I think I might try to sell them on eBay. There is one woman (at least I'm assuming it's a woman) that sells several every day and makes a pretty penny doing so. Mine are not dissimilar to hers, so here's hoping a little of her luck might rub off on me. Going to make some more tomorrow and then put them all on tomorrow evening.

Not much else to say today - I didn't go anywhere, I didn't do anything revolutionary, I haven't even bought anything online. I might rectify that last point in a minute though - I've put a couple of 2nd hand books on my watch list on eBay - by Erica James. Not rocket science, just well written English Chic-lit (as 'they' deem to call it these days). My dear mother would have loved her! Upmarket Mills and Boon I suppose, with a little more depth.

Which reminds me - my Mum used to borrow books from the library van every other Friday, and in the days when she was getting more and more ill, she used to send me on her behalf (when I wasn't at school). I could tell the books she had read (and we are talking purely Mills and Boons here, nothing else, no poor imitations accepted) she had initialled inside the front cover. I wonder if any of those books still exist?

No comments: